What’s so special about this resource?
Updated for the 2018 – 2019 syllabus, this popular resource has been carefully revised and extended. Now in its fifth edition, it features a brand new African poetry section, expanded South African and late/postmodernism sections; more detailed analyses; quirky and interesting ‘fun facts’; intertextual questions, and an updated, challenging Unseen Poetry section, which also includes guidelines on how to prepare for this section in the examination.
This resource ensures that educators are fully equipped to present the prescribed poems in context and in an interesting way, as well as ensuring students have a comprehensive book to work in, and from, giving them the confidence and reassurance they need.
This exhaustive resource includes:
- full, unabridged versions of all 17 prescribed poems
- biographies and portraits of each poet
- detailed, thought-provoking analyses of each poem
- descriptions and visuals of time periods covered by syllabus
- contextual and intertextual questions that prepare students for the final examination
- dynamic and contemporary Unseen Poetry Section
- companion suggested answers CD*
* CD sold separately