What’s so special about this resource?
This in-depth resource is ideal for teaching poetry to students in Grades 10 and 11. Focused on making poetry exciting and relevant, this resource combines attention-grabbing verse with detailed analyses and challenging contextual and intertextual questions.
Much more than an anthology, it analyses 26 poems from the last 500 years and presents each one in the context of its time period, using a combination of perennial favourites from the masters and inspiring, edgy contemporary verse.
The Grade 12 poetry syllabus will be manageable and straightforward for students who have developed their critical appreciation of verse using this stimulating resource.
- Perfect preparation for Grade 12 – introduces learners to IEB approach and syllabus
- Great value – can be used over two years (Grades 10 and 11)
- Accessible and stimulating – eclectic mix of inspiring poets from last 500 years
- Complete and comprehensive – 26 poems, analyses and questions
This inspiring resource includes:
- poems from last 500 years, including African and contemporary verse
- relevant, edgy and inspiring poets explored along with recognised masters
- introduces learners to Grade 12 poems and IEB approach
- full, unabridged versions of each poem
- contextual and intertextual questions that prepare learners for the final exam
- stimulating, contemporary Unseen Poetry section
- companion suggested answers CD*
* CD sold separately