What’s so special about this resource?
Many learners find studying Shakespeare tough and this comprehensive resource has been written with this reality in mind. It not only features a guide to Shakespearean language, the text of the play has been annotated to help learners grasp its meaning as well.
This popular 248-page resource is the most complete guide available and a proven way of preparing students for the IEB Grade 12 Shakespeare syllabus and Paper II examination mini-essay. Focused on ensuring students develop a critical appreciation of this famous play and the required miniessay writing skills, this stimulating resource features a comprehensive introduction to Shakespeare and the Elizabethan era, an exhaustive mini-essay section, and a rigorously annotated edition of the play.
Divided into accessible, digestible sections, the content is fresh and engaging, including, for example, numerous quirky, interesting and fun facts. Act-based learning has also been incorporated to ensure learners build a solid foundation of knowledge by methodically working through the play act-by-act.
This comprehensive resource includes:
- full text of the play
- extensive introduction to Shakespeare and the Elizabethan era
- guide to Shakespearean language
- detailed literary background
- accessible summaries
- rich literary analyses
- comprehensive essay section, including guidelines and annotated examples
- diverse content-related questions (short, contextual and essay questions)
- challenging enrichment tasks
- companion suggested answers CD*
* CD sold separately